This report helps stakeholders to understand the dynamics of the mobile entertainment industry, recognize the emerging opportunities, and capitalize on these trends in the future. For each segment - music, video, gambling, and games - the report discusses market size, sub-segments, geographic segmentation, drivers, inhibitors, and major players.
Business Insights anticipates that the global mobile entertainment industry will grow at a CAGR of 18.8% to reach $54bn by 2014 from a mere $19bn in 2008. The growth will be driven by smartphones, high speed mobile broadband networks, apps and emerging markets.
In 2009, the world’s largest market for the mobile entertainment industry was Asia Pacific, with more than half of global revenues (57%) generated in the region. It was followed by Western Europe at 21% and North America at 13%.
Features and benefits
- Access detailed analysis and revenue forecasts for the mobile entertainment industry by segment and region.
- Analyze key drivers and inhibitors to mobile entertainment industry growth.
- Identify and profile the leading players in the mobile entertainment arena.
- Analyze consumer trends and value chains that will shape the future of the mobile entertainment industry.
- Identify the business opportunities and challenges in the mobile entertainment industry.
This report is available to Current London Business School students, faculty and staff from Datamonitor 360 which can be found on the A-Z list of library databases within Portal.